Two years ago, taking my own life came across my mind because of depression from losing my father. I’m a papa’s girl. No one noticed it. Well, I wore the mask perfectly that time that’s why.
But how can you really notice a person who is suicidal? How can you know if a person is really having a hard time while laughing with you and doing normal things like they used to? Below are some of the list, based on my experience, that can help you see or feel if someone is considering to end their lives, especially if you know that person (close or not)
- Smiling lips but sad eyes. You can just see it, especially if you are really close to that person. Usually, sad eyes looks like you are having a flu.
- Suddenly becomes a quiet person. The person is abnormally calm.
- Likes to be alone most of the time.
- Always out of energy. Always wants to sleep, because sleep is their escape from the pain they are feeling.
- Staring blankly at something. Staring at your face as if the person is memorizing what you look like.
- Food or liquor becomes their bestfriend.
- Always irritated. Always Impulsive
- Most of their posts on their social media accounts are all about loneliness, feeling alone and sarcasm.
- Unusual activities from their everyday life.
- They will start to just reminisce the good old times and just sigh a lot of times. Talking as if it’s their last.
Those are the things I felt when I’m in that stage. How did I get out from it?
I started to realized that yeah, I lost my dad but then, would he be happy if I follow him sooner? NO. I also realized that I still have my mom and my brother with me. I don’t want to add another pain while their wounds are still open and fresh. It’s a sin to take your own life.
Actually people that are suicidal are always giving hints to see if they are really important and if people really do care and love them. If you think that something is not right with your friends or family well, there’s something is not really right. You wouldn’t think of that if you didn’t notice something from them right?
Some just wanted to take their own life to free themselves from the hardships they are going through, from the heartbreak they are going through. But is it really that easy to leave the people who believe and care for you behind? Is it really worth it to block the opportunity and the chance for you to be happy again? It’s not easy to say things like this, BUT, if you are in this situation or you are thinking of this please…please, ask yourself first. “Will I be happy after I’ve done this?”, “Will there be any difference?”, “What if I still have a chance?” and tell to yourself, “I want to be happy”
ALWAYS talk to your family and friends, or to some random people just to let you vent out. Do not fight the battle alone, it’s okay not to be okay. Cry it out. Remove the heavy thing that’s hurting and bothering you. PRAY. Ask for guidance and peace of mind and heart. Easy to say yes, but suicide should not be an option to get out or to escape. All we need to do is think before we act, realize before we act.
My inbox is always open, you can send me a private message if you want someone to talk to.
I’m here for you.